Saturday, January 9, 2010

Apparently, the Bucks are Better than the Bulls!

I'm just as shocked as everyone else, but it's true. The Bucks have now beaten the Bulls two times in a row and will probably continue to beat them all season long. I'm actually running out of things to say about my beloved Bulls, so I'll sum up.

The team is more talented than all but the top eight or so teams in the league, yet their record is terrible. Their offensive and defensive schemes are just plain awful. They don't rotate well, they don't box out well, they only run one offensive play, and they don't fast break enough. VDN has turned one of the great true point guards in the league into a scorer. No one gets less out of talent than VDN. Tyrus continues to play 20 minutes a night instead of 30. Taj continues to get more minutes than Tyrus. Miller continues to play waaaaay too many minutes in the fourth quarter, and sadly John Salmons still kinda sucks. There are two solutions: Fire the coach (which apparently will never happen) or make major trades (which may happen, but I doubt it). So as a fan, I keep rooting for them, but deep down I know this team is going nowhere this season.

Other NBA notes:

Does anyone have the green light like Monta Ellis does in GS? It's amazing to watch, and fun. But I doubt it will lead to enough wins for them to compete for a playoff spot. Ellis can do whatever he wants during the game and he plays almost the whole game. It's great...He goes one on five, he goes coast to coast, and the entire offense revolves around him. He is one of the most entertaining players to watch in the league right now.

Speaking of Golden State, I could not be more depressed that Anthony Randolph may have broken his ankle. This means he won't get traded, which means he's stuck in GS, which means he won't ever develop into the star he should be. The whole thing is depressing.

What the hell is wrong with Orlando? Yes they're 24-12, which is still pretty good, but they've lost FOUR straight games to really crappy teams (yes I include the Bulls in this list). I'll be honest I haven't watched them during this streak, except against the Bulls, so I'm not sure what's missing. But the top four teams in the East are tough, and home court advantage is going to be huge. So for the Magic to have any real shot in the playoffs they need to turn this thing around quickly!

The only thing I'm going to say about the Gilbert Arenas gun thing is this: I hope the Wizards can void his contract and this serves as a lesson to everyone in the League. Man he's stupid.

I really hope Dallas is for real! I think they are my favorite contending team in the West and probably my third or fourth favorite team in the League behind the Bulls, OKC, and then it's a tie with them and Phoenix. My biggest worry with the Mavs, I still think their season depends on the play of Josh Howard, especially come playoff time. And I'm not sure that is a good thing.

Nothing would make me happier than the Lakers and Spurs having to play each other in the semi finals in the playoffs. I am so tired of seeing these two teams play for a chance to go to the Finals. I am beyond bored of it!

The 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds in the West are going to be decided on the last day of the season. There are really only two or three teams out West that have no shot at the playoffs, which means April should be really exciting! I hope Both OKC and Memphis make the playoffs, and I hope Utah finally misses them.

No comments:

Post a Comment