Wednesday, November 4, 2009

There's no 'I' in team, but there's a big 'I' an IVERSON!

Allen Iverson had zero suitors in the offseason, zero! The only reason the Grizzlies signed him was the owner thought he might sell a few extra tickets and bring up their bottom line. I mean my god, the Charlotte Bobcats (who he would have been a perfect fit for) never even made him an offer. That should really tell AI something.

So when he signed with Memphis it was made clear that the Grizz are looking towards the future and that Iverson would come off the bench. So what does Allen say before his first game of the year? “Nah, I won't accept it. Bench came into the play when I came to Detroit. You never heard about Allen Iverson coming off the bench ever in my whole career. It was never something people even thought in their head until I came to Detroit. Now, it's the big topic. I don't look at it as a negative. On a basketball team, you need guys to come off the bench. If that makes us a better team, with me coming off the bench, than that's something I would obviously do -- if it results in wins. But I don't know anybody in the world that would feel like me coming off the bench is the right thing to do if that's not making the team better. Everybody in the world knows I don't want to come off the bench. It's a media thing. I don't think it has anything to do with basketball. Anybody in their right mind, to me, honestly knows that on this team or the teams I've been on, that I deserve to start."

The man is delusional, and there is zero chance that this doesn't explode in the Grizzlies face. Whether Iverson starts or comes off the bench they are going to suck, so why would you start an old man when you need to play your young studs? I am so fascinated by this, I actually watched the first half of the Kings/Grizz the other night just to see what would happen. I can't wait for the inevitable blow up, I just hope I'm watching the game when it happens. My best guess, AI bitches all season long about coming off the bench, the Grizz lose and lose, and they eventually just send him home for the last month or so of the season. This season is going to be great on so many levels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment