Saturday, October 31, 2009

Preseason Predictions Part III-The East

1. Celtics-A healthy KG means this team is pretty much unbeatable. Also, this the best bench they've had in the last 3 years. I think the big three stay healthy, Rondo stays motivated, and the C's have the best record in the league.

2. Magic-They're deep, they're talented, and they don't have Shaq getting in LeBron's way. I think in just about any other year they would win enough games to be the one seed, but this year they fall just a little, but still win 60 games.

3. Cavs-I just don't think it will work. Shaq has to be in the spotlight, he is really slow, has virtually no offensive skills any more, and is one of the worst defensive centers in the league. Why is he an upgrade again? I think the Cavs take a serious step back, only win 55-58 games (down from 66 last year), and lose to the Magic in the 2nd round. Plus, LeBron staying or leaving will hang over this team all year long, and that is never good.

4. Wizards-No got better in the offseason than the Wiz. Yes, much of that is because Arenas appears healthy, but they also added Randy Foye and Mike Miller. If Antawn Jamison can come back healthy, this team is the only team in the East that can threaten the big three of Boston, Orlando and Cleveland.

5. Bulls-Like I wrote down below, I think they only win 45 games, but I think that is good enough for the five seed. I go back and forth on whether they can beat the Wizards in the first round, but I'm a homer so I'm sticking to it. As long as Rose's ankle isn't an issue all year long, this team should be able to score and rebound with every team in the league.

6. Hawks-Many writers have the Hawks in the four seed, but I think they quit on their coach. Mike Woodson has been rubbing that team the wrong way for almost three years now, and I think it comes to a point this year. Plus, Joe Johnson is the one player that I truly believe will leave via free agency in the summer of 2010. So like the Cavs, that hovering over their heads all year long is never a good thing.

7. Heat-Michael Beasley is your number 2! That's not a good thing, not yet at least. At best this team is a 6 seed this year. At worst, D-Wade misses 20 games and they miss the playoffs. If they miss the playoffs my bet is Wade leaves. If Wade stays healthy, the Heat will still lose in the first round of the playoffs, but if Beez improves enough it could tempt Wade to stay were it is nice and warm. By the way, I hate Pat Riley!

8. Raptors-Lots of talent and a healthy Chris Bosh will mean they will make the playoffs. But if Hedo or Bosh miss significant time, this team is completely fucked! The 7th and 8th seeds are really up for grabs, and I think it will only take 40 wins to get into the playoffs this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment