Friday, September 10, 2010

Carmelo Anthony a Bull?

The newest rumor is the Bulls are pursuing Carmelo Anthony from the Nuggets and have made a formal offer. The talk is also that the Bulls are considering sweeting the deal to include Joakim Noah. This might all be true, but the Bulls are NOT going to get Anthony. Any deal would have to involve Luol Deng and the Nuggets don't want him because of his contract. The Nuggets would also want Noah, and I promise you the Bulls ARE NOT trading him. You don't trade one of the top five or six centers in the league, period end of story. It just doesn't happen.

I'm torn on bringing Anthony to town. I'd love to see him in the Bulls uniform, but under no circumstances do I want the Bulls to lose Noah. Deng and Noah for Anthony is a step down. Without Noah the Bulls have no chance of getting past the Heat, Lakers, or Magic over the next 2-5 years. Now if they could get Anthony for Deng, Gibson, James Johnson, Omer Asik, and some first round picks I would do it in a second. I will give up bench depth for a star scorer every day of the week. But I think the team the Bulls have currently built is better suited to win moving forward then a team with Anthony in place of Deng AND Noah. Deng is solid, but Noah is about to be an all-star and a contender for defensive player of the year. You just don't give that up, especially when you have an offensive minded, but defensively challenged power forward in Carlos Boozer. Noah is the perfect compliment to Boozer and to Rose, who also lacks when it comes to defense.

So to recap, this is fun to talk about, but it's not happening. And me personally I'm ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment